FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press contact: Bonnie Bemister – 678.285.0325
ATLANTA (April 27, 2015) - Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the Las Vegas Souvenir and Resort Gift Show returns to the Las Vegas Convention Center from September 16-19, 2015 with a new Made in America Pavilion, expanded exhibitor roster and more new resources than ever before. Now held in Central Hall 3-5, the nation’s largest souvenir industry event will bring more than 1,300 booths filled with fresh finds in all price points together with fun networking events, $9.99 hotel rates, educational opportunities, and show specials – all reinforcing its position as the industry’s must-attend event.
“Throughout its 10-year history, this has been the event souvenir and resort retailers have turned to for new product, fresh ideas and the chance to catch up with industry friends,” explains Donna Guess, Vice President, Souvenir, Urban Expositions. “As the show has grown, it’s starting to attract the attention of mainstream gift shops and other retailers who are seeking new and different designs they just don’t find at traditional gift shows. As we mark this important milestone, we will continue to raise the bar with our selection and services to make sure that the Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show exceeds retailer expectations.”
The vast and versatile selection, together with a growing list of services and networking events, continues to attract more and more of the nation’s leading retailers, including: souvenir shops, national parks, beach shops, surf shops, cruise lines, hotels resorts & casinos, gift, card and specialty stores, airport gift shops, amusement parks, destination areas, decorative accessory stores, mail order catalogs, department stores, book stores, zoos, aquariums, museums and more.
For 2015, these retailers will be able to take advantage of a number of new show features and highlights, including:
• Growing Selection: At the September 2015 edition, retailers will be able to explore more than 1,300 booths showcasing thousands of lines of souvenir and resort product in a wide range of categories, including destination, resort and tourist merchandise, souvenirs, green products, T-shirts, beach items, coastal and nautical, lake, mountain and lodge, ski-themed products, logo products, shell items, giftware, jewelry/fashion accessories, toys/games and more.
• NEW Made in America Pavilion: Responding to retail demand for more products produced in the USA, the show will feature a Made in America Pavilion. Making it even easier for retailers to find the product their customers want, the pavilion will showcase resources in a range of categories
• $9.99 Hotel Rates for Retail Buyers: To help retailers keep those travel costs down, Urban Expositions has bought down already discounted rates to offer hotel rooms for retail buyers starting as low as $9.99 at the Stratosphere Hotel. These limited rates are available only to retail buyers who pre-register and attend the show. Show management has also negotiated low rates at other Las Vegas properties as well for buyers and exhibitors. For rates and to make a reservation, visit www.lvsouvenirshow.com or call 1-855-246-URBAN.
• Free Educational Opportunities: Retailers are sure to pick up ideas and tips from free programs, including:
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Credit Card Processing 101: Is Your Business Paying Too Much to Accept Credit Cards?
Speaker: Frank Bernacke, Business Development, CardConnect
Don’t miss this informative seminar, full of tips including how to avoid hidden fees, how to get the best technology to save time, finding the most secure system, understanding new technology and much more. Join Frank Bernacke of CardConnect as he guides you through all the tips
Retail Roundtable: Ask A Retailer
Sponsored by the National Association of Retail Buyers (NARB)
Panelists include: Karen Tryman, Director, Merchandising, Delaware North Parks and Resorts; Diana Borcz, Director of Licensing and Merchandising, Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame and Museum; Angela Dalby, Global Products Manager, MARS Retail Group; Sheila Isaac, Vice President, LSI/Jellystone Parks
Join the discussion with our panel of veteran retailers. See more information coming soon.
• Goody Bag Giveaways: The first 100 buyers to arrive at the show on Thursday, September 17 and Friday, September 18 will receive a special shopping bag filled with free gifts from many of the show’s exhibitors.
• Free Freight Friday: A list of participating exhibitors will be offering free freight on orders placed on Friday, September 18, 2015 (restrictions apply: orders, lines and minimums may vary by each participating exhibitor).
• Super Savings Saturday: Participating exhibitors will offer special discounts only available on the last day of the show, Saturday, September 19, 2015.
• Living Legends Social: Join us after the show closes on Wednesday evening, September 16, for the Living Legends Social. The Living Legends Association seeks to honor those whose contributions have helped the souvenir industry take shape. Its membership is comprised of souvenir reps, wholesalers, manufacturers and designers. Working together, members strive to improve and better the industry while keeping it vital and having fun along the way. Look for more information coming soon.
• Zoo & Aquarium Buyers Group (ZAG) Networking Events: ZAG will host a variety of networking events for its members, including a special hospitality suite and a special reception on Thursday evening, September 17, 2015. Look for more details coming soon.
• Show Hours:
Wednesday, September 16 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 17 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, September 18 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 19 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Las Vegas Convention Center, Hall C 3-5
3150 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89109
For exhibitor information, contact Lisa Glosson, Urban Expositions, 1690 Roberts Blvd, NW, Suite 111, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Phone -678.285.3976, fax – 678.285.7469, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For show information or to pre-register, attendees contact John Motondo at email@example.com or Joceline Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org call 800.318.2238 or visit www.lvsouvenirshow.com.
ABOUT URBAN EXPOSITIONS
Urban Expositions, which is based in Kennesaw, GA, produces and manages a portfolio of 35 events covering six sectors. Urban Expositions was founded in 1995 with the Philadelphia Gift Show and built its business in the regional Gift & Souvenir industries. In 2008 Urban began to diversify outside of Gift & Souvenir and now produces events in sectors including Art, Aviation, Foodservice and Gaming. Urban also produces one publication, Airport Revenue News, focused on the airport concession industry. Outside of Kennesaw Urban also has offices in Shelton, CT and Boca Raton, FL, as well as many remote employees based in areas that are rich with customers. For more information, visit www.urban-expo.com.