FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Further Information, Contact:
Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show Contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations
978-475-4441 (office); 978-502-4895 (cell)
Southeast Restaurant Industry to Convene This Week for The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show
ORLANDO, FL, September 26, 2016 — The Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show will be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, starting tomorrow Tuesday, September 27 and will run through Thursday, September 29. Over 8,000 restaurant and foodservice industry professionals will gather to see and sample thousands of products, services, and equipment from more than 450 leading vendors, and participate in 30+ educational programs and many special events. The event is sponsored by the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association and managed and produced by Urban Expositions.
- The Exhibit Hall will feature more than 450 leading vendors including distributor partners Sysco, Gordon Food Service, Inc., Performance Foodservice and Cheney Brothers, showcasing thousands of new products and services.
- The Torch Award will be presented to Melissa Kelly, Executive Chef and Owner, Primo on Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 1:00 pm followed by a conversation with Master Chef Ferdinand Metz.
- Dynamic List of Chefs, Including Ashley Nickell, ASH Orlando; Eric Parker, Duffy’s Sports Grill; Ernie Danjean, Dockside Café; Tavoris Ingram, The Twisted Tuna; Keith Williamson, Datz; Doug Braselman, Emeril’s Orlando, and others to present culinary demonstrations.
- NEW Beer, Wine & Spirits Pavilions will showcase dozens of innovative craft beverages including craft beer, cider, wine, spirits, and more.
- NEW Rapid Fire Challenge: Appetizer Edition Three chefs will demonstrate and provide samples of their dish for judges including Ryan Vargas, Emeril’s Tchoup Chop; Keith Keogh, Total Food Network; and James McGuiness, Keiser University and one will be name champion.
- The Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum will offer over 30 educational sessions on team building, technology trends, menu labeling, marketing, social media, attracting millennials, menu engineering, labor costing, etc. The conference program will kick off with the Independent Operators Workshop at 8:30 am on Tuesday featuring Kathleen Wood and Jim Knight. Click here for the complete schedule.
- Foodservice Council for Women - A lineup of industry leaders will share their insights, resources and "secrets" for winning in today's competitive marketplace. Before the panel discussion will be the presentation of the 2016 Beacon Award to Edna Morris, Managing Director of Axum Partners, CEO of Range Restaurant Group and previously President of Red Lobster.
- ACF Culinary Competitions will take place during the three-day event with over $35,000 in prizes to be awarded in team and individual competitions. For a complete schedule, click here.
- The Japan Pavilion will introduce a new gathering of foods and products solely dedicated to Japanese foods and flavors, created in partnership with Azix Inc.
- Food Trends Experience - A tasting adventure providing direct access to products, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market - healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, artisanal, and more.
- New Product Showcase – Providing a first look at the latest products to hit the marketplace, uncover the new products to update your menu, increase efficiencies and expand your menu.
For more information, visit the official Show website at www.flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com.
# # #